Team Chevelle banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's,

I have to make an emergency trip tomorrow to England to see my mother. She has Cancer and Parkinsen's disease and has beed going down hill really fast over the last year. I talked to her on mothers day and for the first time she told me that she prays daily for god to take her home. Prior, when I would ask her how she is doing the answer was always, "I'm fine". My dad told me that it's good that I am coming to see her because if I didn't, I probably wouldn't see her again. I am really struggling with this, I know it's something none of us ever want to face, but in the grand scheme of things, I know there is a plan. I just don't want to deal with this part of the plan right now.

I won't be able to log in untill I'm home a week from now, but I would certainly appreciate thoughts and prayers in the mean time.

Thanks guy's,

-Garry

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Hi Guy's,

I have to make an emergency trip tomorrow to England to see my mother. She has Cancer and Parkinsen's disease and has beed going down hill really fast over the last year. I talked to her on mothers day and for the first time she told me that she prays daily for god to take her home. Prior, when I would ask her how she is doing the answer was always, "I'm fine". My dad told me that it's good that I am coming to see her because if I didn't, I probably wouldn't see her again. I am really struggling with this, I know it's something none of us ever want to face, but in the grand scheme of things, I know there is a plan. I just don't want to deal with this part of the plan right now.

I won't be able to log in untill I'm home a week from now, but I would certainly appreciate thoughts and prayers in the mean time.

Thanks guy's,

-Garry

You have them from my family. Have a safe trip. Something I could suggest to you in light of the situation, take full advantage of it. Talk to your mom about her younger days, talk to her about how she met your father and all of her background. Talk to her about anyhting you can think of, once she is gone you don't get that chance again. If you can, pick up one of the books that are out now, and have her fill out in her own words, her life experiences. Their are many books out there that ask great questions, and the person just writes down the answers, it is an awesome way to always keep those memories close by. I wish I would have known about them before the passing of both my parents.

Jeff

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
we're thinking about you over here

·
Registered
94 Posts
I lost my grandmother to cancer 7 years ago, I dont wish that on anyone.
Safe travels Garry.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate it.

Just got home late last night after fourteen hours of flight time. The visit was good, it was also good that I made the trip. It was really hard to see my mom in that state, she is a sad withered up old woman which has happened so fast. My dad has really aged as well. It's really shocking to see in such a short time and it was very difficult to say goodby when I left fro home.

-Garry

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Missed this thread the first time, but glad you made it back OK and that you had a good visit.

·
Gold Founding Member
1,344 Posts
I also missed this thread the first time.Glad you got back ok . I hope everything goes as good as it can. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Garry, I know just how you feel.
I went to visit my dad and we went over to my grandparents place, who happened to live in the same mobil home park at the time.
As we were walking back I purposely walked ahead of my dad and sister. My sister caught up with me and asked me what was wrong. (I was crying).
I told her I was very sad as I knew it was probably going to be the last time I ever saw them.

It was.....

hang in there

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.