Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went over to a old friends house today and he has gotten re-married and his new wife has owned this car since new, it was an original 4 speed car with a 454, she has the original block in the trunk but the 4 speed is gone and an auto is there but all the pedals and the floor hump is there....

some info, code 75 paint with a B and i suppose that was black stripes, it has buckett seats and console,5500 tack, cal hood with all the air cleaner parts for the functioning [spell?]induction it has the rear sway bar setup and posi ass end, the car can run and drive but it has no brakes,
she said make her an offer.... so it gets down to, how rare is this one? and considering it is VERRY fixable with minimal work to be done what is a decent price for both of us, dont want the cheet her or me but i have never dealt with any 71s either...
also was and still is an Air Car [all there]

By the way she has ALL the original paperwork down to the window sticker!!!!!

Thanks Darryl

------------------

Two Things Dad Always said dont lend,, Your Car And Your Wife...

[This message has been edited by myhot69 (edited 05-05-2001).]

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
yep 5k-7k sounds reasonable, if you can afford that, being friends they may sell for what you can afford, but the WINDOW STICKER !!!! HELL YEAHHHHHHH i love seeing that kinda stuff. nice find, i came across almost the exact same situation with a frined and his wife, mother-in-law gave em the ol' chevelle in the barn (covered with concrete floor sealed well) turned out to be a 72SS
im trying to either get em to sell it to me, or i'll help em fix it up, so far been 4months, and it's still sitting

------------------
1970 SS396 AKA 454/4spd
My Chev-Hell Page
Member #783
Ft.Worth, Tx
Big Block Chevy.net
proud owner of this site

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>code 75 paint with a B and i suppose that was black stripes<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No the B is for Black Vinyl top. Paint colors were numbers, letters indicated the vinyl or convertible top colors in 1971.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I would run all the numbers IE: block cast,block stamp to VIN, cowl tag,protect-o-plate. There are a lot of cars out there that have not been touched. For the sake of a piece of mind knowing what you have and don't have before. Do the numbers before you buy!

------------------
Thanks In Advance!
John Corbin Member #313
67' Chevelle Malibu(Someday):D, NOT I will have a funeral for the Mailbu as a organ donor for my new 67SS396!!!!!!
Deltona, Florida
E-mail anytime,If I can help I will do my very best!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Amen....Find any disgruntled buyer and you'll find a person who didn't check out everything until after he got it home in his driveway.

------------------
Rick Peters
NCOA#1670-ACES#175
1970...ON THE MOVE

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
checked the window sticker against the car, and the VINs match, all it shows on the window sticker is optional 454 365hp and does not say a LS? but the original block has no vin# stamped on the pad it does have the assembelly date and the 3 letter code that matches the 365hp 454 and the build date is correct, as for all the other parts i have checked, all look to be original by the #s 365hp 454, but i cant find any info on #s for the posi rear????
Whats the deal with no VIN on the block, i have seen several this way in the past on 69s.......

------------------

Two Things Dad Always said dont lend,, Your Car And Your Wife...

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
My '71 LS5 GMC Sprint (built in Los Angeles) has the original motor but no VIN stamp. The block does have a "T0424CPD" stamp, which is correct for a '71 LS5 with automatic. The "0424" date also fits with the car's assembly date. Interestingly, the car's Protect-O-Plate also has the code "T0424CPD" on it. So I know beyond any doubt that it is the original engine without a VIN stamp.

------------------
Dan Carr
[email protected]
Team Chevelle Gold Member #11, ACES #701
Author of the GMC Sprint, El Camino, and '68-'72 SS Authentication pages.
See my GM A-body fleet at:
www.rmi.net/~dcarr/cars/cars.HTM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.