Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for months now for a date correct and casting 3894939 12 bolt Posi for my 1967 Chevelle SS 396 convertible restoration project. The car is a solid restoration to bring back to build sheet it was somewhat of a barn find. A needle in a haystack. It has zero rust, original floor pans. I mean not a spot of rust with only 20k miles on it. All the options AC , power locks, windows brakes, sterling, cruise, tilt wheel, 4 speed Muncie. The only damage to the car after media blasting and being put on a rotisserie was 2 tiny door dings on the passenger side door. The only problem is at some time while it was sitting someone replaced the 12 bolt with a 10 bolt. They even left me loose bolts and a extra brake line. So at this point I could use help finding the correct 12 bolt posi or what should I replace it with to keep the car as original as Posible?

·
Premium Member
14,159 Posts
I would try to contact member Lionel-n-chevelles. He may have it or could possibly point you in right direction.

·
Premium Member
18,664 Posts
I see tham once in a while. Months aint shit, just saying. Patience shoud produce some fruit.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i looked for a rust free bumper for my 64 olds starfire for about 12 yrs.months is nothing.i do have a question though.you said it has cruise.is this just the button on the end of the turn signal lever or does it have the adjustment wheel control under the dash?

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevelle SS
13,583 Posts
A period correct 12 bolt 67 rear end is pretty hard to come by. When you do find one, it will cost you some pretty good cabbage! They are out there though, you have look and know what you are looking for. Good luck to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.