Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all i would like to thank all of your pics to the pro touring section... it help me decide what to do with my 1971 malibu, that i had found and purchased from an old lady in north carlolina. So it is pretty much bone stock except for the cam and intake headers and tourque convertor it is a number matching engine and transmission...it is gonna need new rear quarters and front fenders, so while i am at it pro touring would be cool. I am currently serving in the army stationed at schofield barracks Hawaii, and my chevelle is sitting in Ohio:( so the only time i get to work and drive her is in june :) . I am set to deploy to just North of Bagdad,for 12-18 months with the 25th Infantry Division Styker Birgade.

So when I get back i will have suffecent funds to build a pretty stout machine so i need some help to come up with a list of parts to purchase while i am over there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you all for your support!!!! as far as the chevelle goes, i am gonna need some help on picking out with parts perform the best??? what do you all feel about fiberglass tilt front end, would it hold up under speed? or would it vibrate to badly?

·
Registered
257 Posts
thank you all for your support!!!! as far as the chevelle goes, i am gonna need some help on picking out with parts perform the best??? what do you all feel about fiberglass tilt front end, would it hold up under speed? or would it vibrate to badly?
Well first be safe, I am active duty also (USAF). As far as fiberglass goes I wanted to go the same route but decided not to. I started two threads on it. http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145029 This is one thread, there are a few pieces missing in it though, a certain "hero" wanted to argue, so I had the mods lock it. But there is still some good info in it.
Here is another thread I started on weight reduction, some good info in there also. http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144976

1 - 8 of 8 Posts