Team Chevelle banner

I’m pretty sure a guy in my neighborhood just got a new chevelle

4925 Views 100 Replies 49 Participants Last post by  Cam
Ok, so here’s the scenario….like most of you I am probably the only guy with a chevelle in my neighborhood. (Not positive though about that statement) There is a guy’s house that I have to pass everyday to get to my place. During the summer he always has his garage door open where he has a ton of neat neon beer and car signs. It looks like he has turned it into his man cave in passing. The other night as I was driving to the grocery store his garage door was open and I’m almost positive I saw a orange and black 70 chevelle sitting in there which I’ve never seen before. I circled back around trying to not be to obvious to get another look but he had cars parked out in his driveway so I could only get a quick peek. I’ve never met this guy so I’m not sure what I should do, just go up and knock on his door and ask what he’s got (which I’m 100% not going to do 🤣), wait until spring/summer to drive by in my chevelle and stop when he has his garage door down and introduce myself, or just let it be???? I love chevelles and it seems like he’s a car guy himself, I just don’t want to intrude on his space at all because I know if that happened to me I might be a little sketched out. Oh and also it’d be nice to talk about all the old school beer signs he has in his garage. Help a fellow chevelle brother out guys!!!!!!
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

· Premium Member
4,403 Posts
Leave two posi marks in front of his driveway late at night and see how he responds...... :)

· Registered
1,788 Posts
My neighbors have stopped to looked at mine and talked. Is the guy a waiver, he maybe friendly. If he’s not a waiver probably not very friendly. Maybe drive past when you get yours out on occasion.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My neighbors have stopped to looked at mine and talked. Is the guy a waiver, he maybe friendly. If he’s not a waiver probably not very friendly. Maybe drive past when you get yours out on occasion.
He’s never waived but I haven’t either so I’m not sure. I’ve been looking on here like crazy to see if he is a new member 😎

· Registered
14,161 Posts
Ok, so here’s the scenario….like most of you I am probably the only guy with a chevelle in my neighborhood. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD IS WHERE?????????????????????????????????
No info in profile.

· Premium Member
15,447 Posts
Maybe he has had the car for some time and it just wasn't in his garage. Maybe it was in paint jail. In my development of approx 75 houses there is A 65 Corvette, A 70 AAR Cuda, A 69 Fireburd 400, A 68 Chevelle and my 69 Chevelle. I've talked to all of them and many times to the 68 Chevelle guy and the 69 firebird guy as they knew I owned the Chevelle. The other two I just approached them as I was walking past their houses and they were outside. Told them I noticed their cars and told them about my Chevelle. They were very willing to talk about their cars as I would be to a stranger as soon as I figured out he was just interested in talking about cars and not stealing them.
If you see his door up and your in your car stop and talk to him. You'll know if he is not interested in being car buddies.

· Premium Member
4,403 Posts

· Premium Member
Rochester, New York
2,347 Posts
He sounds like a car guy, but that Chevelle may not be his & it was just visiting (maybe for him to fix it). If you drive by again and the garage door is open and the Chevelle is still there - park in the street and walk up to the garage identifying that you're the neighbor with the white 66, then ask if you can see his ride.
He'll probably want to talk cars too (y)

· Premium Member
10,449 Posts
As for doing a burnout it might just piss him off because his neighbors may hear the noise and then you're gone so naturally they'll just blame the guy with the hot rod next door. So I guess I'm the one who's gonna be the old fuddy dudd and say no to the burnout and especially late at night would be a "don't do it"

1 - 20 of 101 Posts