Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hurst shifter that I pulled off of a Muncie M20. I’m looking to sell it but really not sure what price I should be asking. I’d love to hear what you guys think for a ballpark number. I appreciate any opinions.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
9,312 Posts
Remember you can always drop the price but you cant raise it lol, I was thinking in $500 range and Im always low, maybe Im cheap lol

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
A new Hurst Competition Plus shifter is about $425. You need the installation kit @ $250. $675 for the set up complete.

The Same Hurst Super Shifter 3 is advertised on ebay at $899 + 20 for shipping has about 20 watchers and no takers.VINTAGE HURST Super Shifter 3, linkage, mount, Reverse lock out, Gasser, day 2 | eBay

There's another one for a Duster for sale @$1400. No takers.

If you hit ebay below 899 by a hundred dollars you might entice a watcher to become a taker. If you get tired of waiting, slowly lower the price until someone bites. You can also add a make offer, but then have to deal with the bottom feeders.

If you are a gambler, you can go ebay auction, but I would list it first to get followers, then switch the format to auction.

There are a bunch of venues on Flakebook that list muscle car parts for free. You'll just have to deal with the flakes, mouth breathers and bottom feeders. Here's one of the flakebook sales groups for Chevy parts...Facebook Groups

Sorry about the font change.o_O

·
Registered
14,537 Posts
is it a smart phone? log on here then look at the tool bar below and click on the paper clip, it should go to your gallery. click on the pic hit upload and hit reply jim

Reactions: Shane 69 Hugger

·
Registered
574 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks Hurst shifters are stupidly over priced for what they actually are? It's a small pile of stamped metal parts. I would LOVE to know what the actual cost to make one is, and in the case of shifters like the Competition Plus, they got their R&D money back out of them a good 50+ years ago.

·
Registered
14,537 Posts
you could say that about most things. look at prices of a name brand intake manifold that's been out for years.
Then again it's amazing that a used shifter from the 70s will still work great. Shows good quality build that gets banged on rowing thru the gears. jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts