Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got a little lost earlier and left this message in the bench racing area. My shifter was stolen out of my soon to be running 66 Chevelle. Like an idiot i left it outside in the car for what appears to have been too long and someone crawled under my car and reached through the shifter hole in my floor board and swiped it along with my linkage. Now my question is: Does anyone know much about these shifters? I e-mailed Hurst to ask them if another shifter i have will work with my 66 Muncie 4-speed and all they sent back was the numbers to the shifter the car needs as well as the numbers to the installation kit. The shifter i have is minus the linkage, but no big deal as long as i do not have to buy a new (very expensive) shifter. The shifter i have has the number as follows: Pat.# 3216274 To the right of this facing vertically are the numbers 2 7F3 On the front facing the engine is 3138 the number on the actual shifting handle is 8009. Please help! Thanks in advance! Michael P.S. If it helps any the numbers Hurst sent me are as follows: 3917308 shifter 3733163 linkage kit

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
ChevelleMan, I hate seeing zeros next to posts so I thought I'd resume our con from the other post.

Adobe Acrobat is a doc reading software that lots of catalogs and such are in. ( Hurst, GM Performance among others.) you can download it from www.adobe.com . If you want I can then send over the relevant pages from the Hurst catalog to you. Unless you have a cable modem or other high speed access, don't try to download the catalog from Hurst. It'll take you hours. I'm afraid you're going to go nuts with Hurst numbers. The way to do it is by visual ID or, maybe you can email Hurst with the numbers and see if they can id it. That address is [email protected] . Rod is their email tech guy.

BTW, I know a fella with a used shifter ( I just took his second to last on a swap for my Camaro shifter ).

Gene Chas
Gold Member #62
'67 SS 396

[This message has been edited by Gene Chas (edited 07-22-99).]

·
Registered
183 Posts
CHEVELLE MAN, go to any speed shop, they all have hurst catalogs, it will show which hurst shifter fit which trannys. Also you can order all the parts separately, shifter, handle, linkage, ball. Hope this helps, BILL

------------------
BILL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.