Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an original 66 Muncie shifter on a Muncie M20 4 speed. The shifter hits the bucket seat, and was thinking about changing it out for new Hurst Competition Shifter. For those who have the Hurst Comp, or have driven one, would I get better performance with the Hurst with the original 66 M20?

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
My Hurst shifter is 5" forward of the bench seat but the larger tunnel shifter hump limits how far forward the seat moves. As far as performance for me Hurst Comp is miles ahead.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
No comparison. I used my original handle and mounted it on a new shifter. It took some adapting but it was worth the trouble.

·
Premium Member
19,932 Posts
No comparison. I used my original handle and mounted it on a new shifter. It took some adapting but it was worth the trouble.
Ditto. You can make the adapter yourself and I think they are even available commercially now. Hurst units are far superior to the factory stuff.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
just the other day I took out the adaptor and repro stick and finally put the hurst shifter handle. for me it's much nicer. if your looking to keep the interior stock looking then you only have one choice go with the hurst shifter with what ever you decide on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts