Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of 66 bucket seats that i am selling and needed some advice on how to ship them. Do i need to box them up? Wrap in plastic? What do i need to do, and is UPS the best to go with? Any help from someone who has shipped seats before would be appreciated. thanks jason

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I bought mine from a guy in Seattle Washington. Here's what he did: First cut a piece of plywood and bolt it to the bottom, to keep the feet from poking through the box. Then fold the back town and tie it down to the plywoood. Find a large enough box, one for each seat, or make one from several boxes, and use alot of strapping tape on the outside.

That about all he did, and everything was OK when I got them. Shipped by UPS.

------------------
JeffK ACES #01510
Team Chevelle Gold #72
496 EFI/Richmond 6-Speed
[email protected]
www.athenet.net/~chevelle

·
Registered
603 Posts
i shipped a pair of 70 buckets ups this past year. i made a box from cardboard.
one seat per box.ups has box size limitations.
i measured the seat folded over then using a huge box made a smaller one to the dimensions.
i also used extra pieces for the bottom to protect the rails from ripping though.
also you can never use enough tape to prevent the box from coming apart.

i think they were 47 pounds each. it cost about $27 each. crude but it worked

·
Registered
367 Posts
I shipped a pair of '67 buckets from Illinois to Phoenix. Took them to a local wrap and send place. They boxed 'em and everything. Cost was $70. The thing I liked was there was no hassle.

------------------
Don - Chicago 'Burbs
'67 Malibu Street Machine
"Under Construction"
Gold #43
I've heard that the memory is the second thing to go.
I don't remember what the first thing is!?

·
Registered
77 Posts
take the tracks off, wrap them in newpaper, fold them into the seat and wrap the folded seat tight with shrink wrap. tape a piece of cardboard on the seat with the address and wrap one more time in shrink wrap and you're done. The cost is like $18 per seat UPS standard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.