Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just received both knobs for the front doors. but how are you supposed put them on when the crank is still in the door. there is like a little rivet not a screw that connects the knob to the crank. anbody know the correct way to put them on?

·
Registered
19 Posts
dads72ss,

I think I know what you're refering to but not sure. The knob at the end of the window crank right? You'll have to remove the crank handle itself, there's a little "C" clip looking thing that holds it to the shaft, push in the door panel as hard as you can (don't break it lol) and see if you can find the loop end. Get a piece of stiff wire, bend about 1/8" over so you make a little hook and hook on and pull it out. That'll get your crank out in the open to get a better look.

I hope thats what you were refering to!
Good Luck,
Zachary

·
Registered
158 Posts
You need a "Window Crank Removal Tool"! Any Advance or Pep Boys would have one. Also, it would probably would have been just as easy to buy new window cranks. Generally, Advance and Pep Boys carry these as well...yes, even or for old Detroit iron. Last time I looked, they had the correct colored knobs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. ill try and remove the crank then put the knobs on . all the autoparts stores around here never had the right crank and knobs i needed so i just ordered them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts