Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front to fenders on my car are not in the worst shape, but neither are they in the best. I have a hammer and dolly set from eastwood and was wondering what steps I need to take to repair these and the best method to do so.

It looks like both fenders were in some rough shape, possibly hit. My passenger side is by far my worse one, ripples all in it. The front of the fend where is wraps around to the nose of the car looks to have been worked on at some point. I can see where it was drilled out. Any suggestions would be great, would rather try and fix versus spending for new fenders.

Here is the drivers side:

Passenger side:

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Rough is an understatement! Willing to bet once you strip that paint off they will become even worse. That passenger side fender was in a collision and buckled at the wheel well and pulled out in crude fashion, the buckle is still here.

Have you even bolted these things to the car and assembled the rest of the front end?

Do yourself a favor and be money and man hours ahead and buy at least a new/different passenger side fender. You are gonna need more just a hammer and dolly set from Eastwoods.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I figured. From everything I have read, it seems AMD produces the best. Should I assume that would be the same for the front fenders? There is a dealer out by us who sells AMD front fenders, but they are $100 more then on the actual AMD website. I'll have to see what shipping is and such.

·
Registered
723 Posts
If you're not in a hurry, some sites might offer free shipping for some holidays.

As far as the hammer/dolly goes, I was very impressed with how mine turned out. These were basic "pings" and things like that. Basically, the dolly provides the back support and the high spot should become even when it hits the dolly. You should have a bunch of different curves on the dollies, the important part (IMO) is that the dolly stops the metal it's touching from moving.

Between the hammer/dolly set and the studwelder/puller, I was able to really get some small waves taken care of.

Those holes that someone drilled, I TIG weld those close. Harbor Freight has a stud welder for cheap, the puller sucks, I bought a MAC puller and it's awesome. IMO, there's no excuse for drilling holes except for draining water.

I don't know about the AMD vs fixing yours. Even if you do buy the AMD, you can use those old fenders as practice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts