Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
In Memory of Kevin
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, My dumb azz old neighbor just got his new rig and is already screwing it up....... he saw a pic he liked and instead of right clicking and "saving" he hit "save as desktop" thinking the pic would save TO his desktop :sad:

anyway, I tried the instructions below to no avail...... I cannot even locate the file name doing a search now.
http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-a-Background-from-the-Desktop-Background-List

I tried to change the "theme" under right click (r/c) properties, themes, apply....... that worked :hurray: ........ for about 3 seconds :noway: ........ anyway, any thought on how to get this picture removed?

·
In Memory of Kevin
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't you just right click on the desktop and under the desktop tab select a different background?

tried that racer....... I looked over at the rig and saw the "Dell" label...... BING.... ring, ring.... Hello, Dell tech support? :D :thumbsup:

fixed it by right clicking the desktop, properties, desktop..... hit the "customize desktop" button below the picture and the new window will have the tabs "general" and "web".... click on the web tab and there were 2 files there..... one "homepage" that was unchecked and the picture we were looking at getting rid of that was checked...... uncheck, delete, problem gone :thumbsup:

this is a nice rig, but dang..... I remember why I went to DSL from dial up...... this thing is so slow...... :boring: he even has a "slowski" turtle on the tower :pout:

ah well, all is good for now.... i am leaving and he'll get back on the rig so i'll be back later tonight :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.