Chevelles.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do the back seats come out on my 67SS.. For some reason, it does not want to move and I do not want to just pull it and break anythink....thank..sorry for the dumb question, i am new at this stuff..

·
Registered
16 Posts
If it's like the 66, the bench part of mine came out by lifting (kinda hard) on the front of it, where your knees would go. Then it slides right out.

The back part I actually had to ask someone because I couldn't figure it out. Again, on the 66 there are two small bolts below the seat back, visible once you remove the bench. Once those are out and any interior trim on the side is detached from the back (mine's a convertible, and there were a couple places where the seat was attached to the side panels, but I don't know about non convertibles), you lift UP on the back, towards the roof, and it comes right out.

I can't think of how or why a 67 should be any different.

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
From floor level at the bottom of the seat, push straight back as if you were trying to push the seat into the trunk, as you push back lift up and this will disengage the wire from the catch. You should be able to remove seat from this point. it's a very simple operation.

Rocky

------------------
A Man And His Chevelle!
It's A Beautiful Thing.

MACC Member #220
TC Member #1530

My66SS

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys. I will give it a try this weekend.

·
Premium Member
19,928 Posts
What rocks66ss said. It can be frustrating if it's never been out and you're back take the brunt of it. Once you get the bottom out, the back may or may not have two bolts holding it to the bulkhead. Remove (if equipped) and lift the back up to unhook it.

Dale

C

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cam:
What's the trick with re-installing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have it our you will see the hooks and it should be clear how to do it.
Set rear on bench in first. Push front down and back then pull forward.

------------------
Dale
Team Chevelle #1969
rear-qtr-view
eng
front-qtr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts