Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to bring some life back to my weather stripping around the trunk and maybe other places - get it to 'stand up' a bit and/or soften it up some to help sealing and appearance. A buddy suggested using baby-oil, but I am not sure about that (I don't have a supply of babies :rolleyes

Any suggestions folks? Thanks again...

------------------
Ron Cook
'69 SS 300 Deluxe HT
(Bow Tied's 2¢ worth.)

[This message has been edited by Bow_Tied (edited 02-21-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Ron,
you could try baby oil. I don't know of anything that actually rejuvenates, but I use baby oil on my dash pad and it looks great.

------------------
Honey, its not a $200 hat. The distributor was $200, the hat came with it. kevin d
Maryland Chevelle Club #362
Classic Cars and Trucks of Beaufort #72
TC #1108

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevelle Wagon
300 Posts
You can bring it back by massaging it with dielectric (silicone) grease while heating it with a heat gun. I guess you could use a good hair drier. While it's still good and warm, close the door with the window up. It will conform to the shape needed as it cools.
Dan

------------------
ACES Member#603
Team Chevelle Gold Member #285
67 Malibu Convertible
67 El Camino
67 Malibu Wagon (project)
67 C10 Pickup
70 Malibu Convertible
Peach State Chevelles
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/downs/2849

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
There are other uses for baby oil and vaseline? Yeehaw! Out of the medicine cabinet and into the garage.

Hmmm...massage it with dielectric grease, warm it up and slam it in the door. OUCH!

Sorry guys, couldn't resist.

------------------
Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92
ACES #1709

Restore it or customize it, but drive it and enjoy it!

1974 454 Corvette for sale
www.dalesplace.com

·
Registered
300 Posts
Not sure if it rejuvenates, but for maintenance, use Silicone Lubricant spray...In fact, GM recommends that also, but of course the "GM Brand"

Your local hardware store, or even Pep Boys, etc. will have it...seems to work pretty good to keep it pliable...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.