Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some NOS bumpers that have a bit of shelf wear - just some light scratches here and there. Some chrome polish helped a little, but most of the scratches remain. What would be the best way to buff these out without harming the chrome finish? Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,952 Posts
try, in an inconspicuous place, some 4ought steel wool. I have had excellent luck with " Mothers Mag and Alum wheel polish" as well. It brought an ugly tripower air cleaner lid back to life and made my day.

The thin chrome on an air cleaner doesnt like 4ought steel wool, so be real careful. I;ve used it on my stainless briteowrk and interior chrome with good results. Sometimes I even put a drop or two of light gun oil down before I buff.

Although I havent tried it, a small buffing wheel in a Dremel with some 600/800 or rouge might be just the ticket.

[This message has been edited by 427L88 (edited 05-01-2001).]

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have found that a light hand in conjunction with some 1200 grit wet/dry paper and some water will brighten up most metals. After the wet sanding, use the polish that Gene mentioned that you should be lookin' good. Jason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.