Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i just put a 454 in my '71 with a th350 tranny. On the 350 I had before there was a 750 holley vac sec. On the bottom of the throttle linkage there was a little like dowel pin (i think) that the kickdown cable slipped over with a keeper clip of some kind. Now on this 454 I have a holley 700 dbl pmp and there is no dowel pin to slip the connector over so my question is how should I go about hooking it up? Also, is there another vaccum line that comes off the tranny? I have a line coming out that I don't know where to put

Thanks

------------------
Chris Dagenais
Saskatchewan, Canada
CST Kelsey
'71 Malibu soon to be 454!
member.xoom.com/Gandalf80/Chris'sPage

·
Registered
18 Posts
Chris,

you might want to have second thoughts about the KD, with 454 it is not very neccessary and safe, might break tires loose unexpectedly. Want 2nd - do it manually..

------------------
Partel Roos
Tallinn, Estonia, Europe
Law Student, Tartu University (a.d. 1632)
GSM cell ph: +37 250 93828

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't had it out on the road yet, but I can only hope this thing will have enough power to break the tires loose when it kicks down! If it can then those tires are dead meat
(after proper break in of course)

------------------
Chris Dagenais
Saskatchewan, Canada
CST Kelsey
'71 Malibu soon to be 454!
member.xoom.com/Gandalf80/Chris'sPage

·
Banned
486 Posts
chris, holley makes studs for your kickdown,go to your local speed shop or look in a mail order catalog.You can get them in all kinds of different sizes and shapes.They even sell a assortment pack with five or six different ones in one package. Dave

------------------
team chevelle#196
69 turbocharged mouse
texas

·
Registered
167 Posts
Before going to buy the stud you need (even though they aren't expensive) you could ask around and find someone you know who has purchased a Holley carb new. They come with an assortment of extra connecting hardware, and then you could try different parts to see what works best.

·
Registered
174 Posts
well i got a th350 and havn't hooked the kd up yet but after reading this i think i will try it. gotto put the 650 dbl pmp on and there were a bunch of extra nuts and bolts.
on my th350 there is a vacume line, as to what it does beats me.

------------------
OWNER OF 66 CHEVELLE MALIBU

Check out page dedicated to resto of my chevelle. still being made.
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop/9801/

Canadian Classics Chevelles and Beaumonts #393

·
Registered
548 Posts
The vacuum line goes to manifold port it is or should be connected to the vacuum modulator on the side of the trans.With out this the shifts will be very hard from LtoR,or what GM used to call garage shift.The shift rod can be adjusted so as to get part throttle down shifts...FRED

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.