Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started the 67 for the first time in over a year and I've got a new fuel filter after the pump. My fuel pressure was reading 8 1/2 to 9 psi -- too high for my Edlebrock Carb IMO. I wasn't to surprised as this fuel filter should have less restriction than the last one.

Which way do I turn the screw on my Holley 2 port regulator? I gently adjusted the allen screw in both directions but it didn't seem to make a difference.

What are the chances this thing is stuck? It's got to be 10 years old and has been sitting dry for a long time.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Turn the screw out to lower the pressure. It's unlikely that anything's stuck. It's a diaphram with a spring.

If you have it plumbed up "dead headed", lowering the pressure might not react very quickly. What I would do, is with the car off, (or electric pump off), turn the screw a good ways out. This ensures that it's set too low. Start the car, and it'll run on what's in the bowl. Then slowly adjust it up to where you want it set.

Also, if you have a liquid filled mech pressure gage uner the hood, don't trust the readings once it's warm. Set it cold. Good luck! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts