Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the lower body trim off a 69 malibu? and also the trim by the grill ends.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Well in my 68 i don't know how different it is but you have to take one piece off to get to anther like the headlight bezels first then the extensions then you can get to that trim but on my 68 you can't just take one off without taking off the others.

·
Registered
740 Posts
damn double posts

[This message has been edited by gUmBaLL68Malibu (edited 11-12-99).]

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Luke, I'm not sure if you'd like to remove and replace, or permanently remove the trim.
The lower body trim is held in place with plastic clips all the way except at the door edges where screws are used. You'll have to open the hood and reach in from behind the trim alongside the headlights to remove the nuts holding these on. You could also gain acess by removing the outer headlight bezels.
If you're looking to leave everything off, you'll have to break off, then grind the weld-on studs holding each clip and fill the holes at the door edges. Of course this will also involve paint work.
Hope this answers your question,
Rich

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rich, I'm removing the lower trim because
I'm going to paint the car. I would like to
know once the outer screws are removed like on the door trim is there a good tool to use to pull the trim off the plastic clips or do you do it this by hand? besides the doors
is the trim held on any where else with screws. [I know you said the front fender trim is held on y screws]

Thanks for the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.