Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a painless wiring kit from Painless Wiring into a '66 Chevelle or any Chevelle? What were your impressions? Any difficulties? I have the typical bird's nest under my dash and I thought they might be the one to help me out. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
421 Posts
From what I've seen first hand of their stuff it is about as painless as you can get. The bestest
way to do it is o get the whole setup from the fuse box out.

------------------
Francis Taracido Gold# 201
[email protected]
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.
Oh No! You Know She's Got To Go!
Go Go Quadzilla! <oo=+=oo>
http://members.aol.com/sniper0666/page/intro.html

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
From my experience of helping others, I'd recommend M&H over Painless. Painless has some little "quirks" that can drive you nuts trying to figure out what circuit number/color goes to where the factory intended it. With M&H found at: www.wiringharness.com it's a direct plug-'n-play with uncanny likeness to the originals. I understand M&H will even do custom mods (i.e. you want an internal voltage regulated alternator). That's just my $.02.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I agree with Coppertop about M&H. The best advice I can give is sit there with the new wiring harness and the assembly manual and find the page that corresponds with each connector. Just by doing that, the actual install is a no brainer. Sometimes a beer helps too!

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
My vote is M&H. I had a couple of mods incorporated internal reg, mini starter and HEI distributor.

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts