Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get 3 chamber flows for my 66. Has a 396 and I am going with 2.5 inch pipes. I am also planning on thier turn down style tail pipes. One mail order wants 400+ for this stuff. Is that about what I should expect to pay? Or could I get it cheaper elsewhere?

Thanks, Chris R.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I paid $230 (included installation) for 2-chambered, 2 1/2" Flowmasters at my local muffler shop.

·
Registered
167 Posts
What mail order place are you talking about? I have tried others and always go back to Summit. Other places seldom have lower prices, and if you ever have problems, their service can't be beat.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I paid $400 for the Flowmaster 2-chamber American Thunder system, including installation. The shop supplied the system, I did not even have to order it (which usually takes weeks.)

------------------
1971 Malibu
BOWTIES FOREVER!!!

·
Premium Member
4,941 Posts
I got my Flowmaster American Thunder system from Summit for $281 plus $21 for 2 day air shipping. Took about 2 hours to install and that counts 2 trips to the muffler shop for flanging and cutting. IMHO, this system sounds SO good, it should be required by law on all Chevelles!

------------------
"SSuper Dave" Palmer
A.C.E.S. #1483
Team Chevelle #32 Gold

·
Registered
900 Posts
Chris,I put 3 chamber Flows on my 66 SB.Bought from Summit then took them to Muffler Mart (Local) and paid $185 to have them put on with alum.pipe and full tail pipes.And Sounds GREAT>>>>>....PS 2.5" to muff.then 2.25" tails...Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.