Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just installed a 383 stroker in my 67 malibu, the problem is I had a TH350 trans but now I am installing a 700r4 I need to knw how much to cut the drive shaft. Thanks for any help guys......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
probably better to have one made for it. your shaft will work with a muncie 4 speed as well or if you want to go back to th350. check put dennys driveshafts website. they have it posted there how to measure exactly what you need. shopa around here charge to much for cutting one down might as well buy a new ( better) one .

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I agree with Tim, You never know when you might want to put it back to original. Also the price of having one made may not be that much more than having yours cut down. Another option is, since your getting it resized anyway, buy one from a junk yard and get that one resized. That way you still have your original and your total investment is only a few buck more for the other shaft.

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
Talk to the place that would be cutting it. See how much they want, as well as how they want it measured.

If you do have one made, the place will tell you. I know Denny's has a good description of how to do the measuring. Make sure you do it with it sitting flat and with weight on it. Someone here ran into problems with it measured while suspension was hanging.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
thats one thing (among several others) that makes a 200r4 swap appealing, th350 and 200 can use the same drive shaft, you have to shorten for a 700...there should be plenty of info available, search chevy high performance or super chevy magazine tech articles....personally, i'd go the junkyard idea one step further and try to find one the length you need, then settle for one that needs shortening.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts