Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a set of M22W gears (I have EVERYTHING else to built one) to put into the 70 conv.
I know that some people do not like the whine of an M22, but personally, I love it. So my question is, does anyone here have PERSONAL experience with the whine of an M22W compared to the whine of an original GM M22?

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I WANT it to whine. That's one of the reasons I'm buying an M22W gear set (plus the added strength).

Reactions: gspan1830

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's my M22W
After your video, I watched the video about Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins.

It was just reaffirmation as to why I'm a solid, diehard gear jammer. There's just no excitement like slammin' 2nd and 3rd!!!!!
I may be growin' old-------------------------but I'll never grow up! :smile2:

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
open faced helmet, sunglasses, smoking a big stogie will jamming gears to low 10s. Won't see that ever again.
Only because I don't smoke cigars. :laugh:

·
Registered
587 Posts
I just ordered a set of M22W gears (I have EVERYTHING else to built one) to put into the 70 conv.
I know that some people do not like the whine of an M22, but personally, I love it. So my question is, does anyone here have PERSONAL experience with the whine of an M22W compared to the whine of an original GM M22?
People ask me this often. Because the Italian gearsets are machined with better accuracy as well as less heat treat distortion, there is less noise that older gearsets that suffered from more tooth profile irregularity before and after heat treat. It doesn't matter if it is a new M22 or M22W. Noise seems to be about the same. I sell alot of the gearsets and build alot of units. Never had someone disappointed because it wasn't loud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts