Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea how many Malibu SS cars were made in 1965 with the 327 and a powerglide Transmission?

·
Registered
150 Posts
In 65 81,112 SS Malibus were built. 8,585 were 6 cylinders of those 1,133 were convertables and 7,452 were hardtops. 72,527 V8's were built of those 7,995 were convertables and 64,532 were hardtops. Thats the most specific production info I can find for that year.

------------------
JT
71 SS 350 soon to be Vortec 355 then a 454
www.angelfire.com/co/KellyMotorsports

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just wondering, would that include the ones built in Canada??

------------------
Ray{Surrey BC}
65SS chevelle
65 2dr chevelle
65 el camino
team #214 gold

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
And, 201 Malibu SS 396. Rumored, but not yet confirmed by anyone with authoritative info, the one was a convertible. Anyone know yet?

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Oh yeah DZ, remember the guy in Frisco who was selling the covert for $250,000 last August? I think you were around here when that was posted. Even if it was real the guy butchered the value by putting 4 wheel disks on it instead of 11" Impala drums!!! LOL!

I personally think it was a crock, pretty sure a reeaall bad clone.

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd-sold to Original owner!
In process of finding a 65
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm sure that conv is long gone. One of us would of tracked it down by now. I heard the original owner used it as a delivery car. Saw that in one of my Chevelle books.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
David,
That may very well be true. Years ago, a semi-reliable source informed me that the one and only conv ended up in a salvage as the result of a total. It got picked over and then sold for scrap. If it was abused and not cared for, this may be close to the truth. But first of all, I have not seen ANY authoritative documentation that, for a fact, there was a 65 Z-16 conv. I believe it was Super Chevy, back in the stone ages, that did a feature and mentioned the conv.

------------------

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would love to be the owner of that convert, if it did exist. And if it existed, how could the buyer or the dealer not know it was a one of a kind car. I guess that is argument for why it DID NOT exist.

------------------
David Nafarrete
Team Chevelle Gold
1965 406 6speed
(almost on the road again)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.