Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...

I want to get some flowmasters and my dad said that if I get them they will not last very long. Because we have stainless steel pipes and the flowmasters are aluminized steel and he said that it's not worth putting aluminized steel mufflers on to a stainless steel system

thanks for the help
Mike

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a set of flowmasters that are 7 years old. These are from back when they were just painted steel. There is some surface scaling where the baffles are due to heat build-up, but the way they are going, I'm sure they'll be fine many,many years to come. The flowmaster exhaust pipes I bought at the same time are aluminized, and they only show some very minor rust where they are welded together. I know that nothing will last as long as the stainless pipes, but what are the chances you'll change something that requires an exhaust modification before the mufflers go bad?? I wouldn't worry about it at all! The flowmasters will sound so much better than the stainless mufflers I have heard.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i had a set of painted ones that lasted 7 years i have a set of aluminzed ones that are 6 years old they look great still

------------------
Troy Miller
Whiteford,Maryland
70 Nova
72 Nova
66 Chevelle

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine are 4 years old, not that many miles however, but still look about like they did when I first put them on. Still sound good too.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a set that is 3 years old, and that includes two years of driving on salty NY roads in the winter. The auto parts store exhaust on my dad's car dissolved after a year of that. I am thoroughly impressed with the durability and performance of the flowmaster system, and I would recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The flowmasters on my chevelle have been on the car for over 4 years now, and the car is my daily driver. I have had no problems, and they still look and perform as though they were new. I think they are great. They both sound good, and have shown excellent durability. In addition, some of my friends have had flowmaster systems on their cars for as long or longer than I have with equally good results. I would seriously recomend them.

------------------
Chris Hartless
Napa, CA
Team Chevelle #51 Gold
(you guessed it, a 64SS)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.