Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How high is stock suspension?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  OPGI 
#1 ·
Can somebody help me? I want to know the hub-to-fender measurement of a stock '68 El Camino, small-block. I purchased my car with seriously cut springs. I'm considering putting 2" or 3" lowering springs on it. Either of these would be higher than the car is now, but I need a stock baseline measurement. A measurement from the center of the wheel/hub to the fender lip in front and back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

------------------

#2 ·
Actually the factory measurement was from the bottom of the frame-rail to the ground. This measurement was taken from behind the front wheel and in-front of the rear wheel. I don't remember how far back or forward or the precise measurement, but it was in the neighborhood of 9 inches front or back. The front was slightly higher in stock form.

#3 ·
#4 ·
The factory assembly manual shows the correct height based on curb weight. Measuring from the front hub centerline rearward by 31.5 inches, the height from the bottom of the rocker (body) to the ground is 10.20 inches +/- .50 inches depending on options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.