Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the mounting points the same for bench seats and bucket seats? How hard is it to do the swap? I have never pulled my bench out so I have no idea what it looks like under their.

What cars other than chevelles have buckets that will bolt right in?

Can I get other seats and modify them? How much is involved in that?

Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
Dave, I put second generation camaro seats in the Elk. I had set of original 69 chevell seats all done up like new, purchased a set of weld in adapters, welded them in. installed new carpet put the new 69 seats in, drove around for two weeks on the most uncomfortable seats in the world. So, I put the sliders on a set of fresh 78 camaro seats, had to drill two extra holes in the sliderss and bolted them up.Not original but comfortable, I'll probably the keep 69 seats for if I ever sell it, but that ain't likley.

------------------
Harley
69 461 El Camino Nitrous Model, 69 Chevelle coupe
70 El Camino,71 SS Camaro
75 L-82 Corvette,71 Gremlin X
Kerrville,Tx.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you get the sliders? Were they the camaro sliders? How much was the deal.

I am not worried about originality much. My car is pretty far from it, and if I have my way only the body will stay stock

·
Registered
283 Posts
I took the sliders off the 69 buckets and put them on the camaro buckets. Only had to drill two holes in the sliders to fit the camaro seats. The camaro sliders woulden't work without more modification than I was willing to do.
I installed the seat to the original bench seat mounts, then installed the brackets to the seats, that gave me the weld in point.Tacked them down removed the seat and finish welded.

------------------
Harley
69 461 El Camino Nitrous Model, 69 Chevelle coupe
70 El Camino,71 SS Camaro
75 L-82 Corvette,71 Gremlin X
Kerrville,Tx.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.