Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tracking down the wires on my chevelle,
i removed the light harness and only hooked up the motor harness, i was wondering how dose power get from the battery to the fuse box? and how dose the the ignition get its power to turn over the starter??? i need a site book any thing that will teach me the basics of how this magic all happens,

·
Super Moderator
13,307 Posts
Robert,
You need to get a factory service manual. It has all the wiring diagrams that show exactly how the power gets to every part on the car. There are reprints available from all the major Chevelle supply places.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IS this the one that looks like a bunch of prints?if so i got one and i must have a bad copy its hard to see most of the drawings , or is there a better manul that i can get ?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
If it's a pre-72 car the fuseblock is powered by a wire in the foreward lamp harness. Power to the starter comes from a wire in the engine harness.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Try getting a factory service manual. It sounds like you may have the assembly manual which has some wiring diagrams in it, but is not as complete or legible as the service manual. You might also look in the library or bookstore for a book on basic automotive electricity to give you some backround on the theory of it all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.