Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'69 Malibu, 2 door. Everything shows trunk light connection being made into intermediate (if that is correct term) harness the same place the dome light harness comes off (in trunk, left side, near hinge). I've looked at my connections and two others in the salvage yard and I don't see anyway to connect the trunk light connection.

Is there a trick to putting the connector to that spot, or am I missing something very obvious? The Trunk light connector seems to be female, but not a standard female over a spade type connector, but more like it slides between something...???

Any help? Actual experience?

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
You need a trunk lamp extension harness. M&H has it. It connects inline with the dome light wiring, gives you a pigtail for the trunk light connector.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As always, you are a veritable fountain of knowledge. Thanks!

(just placed order)

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Dave

I have a spare dome light and some bailing wire to tie it up with, if you want one.

Yep looking forward to it. I go with Jim, next door neighbor, he's not a bad guy just likes British sport cars,
has a nice 66 Austin Healey.

I might even buy something this year. Got my eye on a 69 Chevelle, or one of them nice souvenir cups. :cool: I just enjoy looking at the cars and trying to guess how much cars will go for. Just wish it would cool off a bit. Aint it supposed to be winter?

You going? If you do look for me. I'll be the one drooling all over the Chevelles. :D

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Yeah, I'll be there Saturday. I come up and stay with a buddy (retired GM who has 427 El Camino and a Vette) anyhow, I just look. That stuff is WAY outa' my budget (even the cups) I like to look over the Chevelles and all the old Super Stock race cars. Oh, and bailing wire, why didn't I think of that ! :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts