Team Chevelle banner

How do you get HVAC certified

2027 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Dean
Am wondering what it takes to get HVAC certified. I recently quit my bodyshop career so I can get back into the electrical field.
Can you get HVAC certified by taking some sort of online classes or classes at a local college? Or is it more involved that one would need to go back to school and get a degree?
Ive got my foot throu the door on a government position and if I had that HVAC cert it would seal the deal.
Thanks for any input...Eric
1 - 2 of 11 Posts
I think the question you maybe asking is "How do I get my Journeyman's HVAC License"
You will have to check with your local area. Usually it is a test you take at city hall for licensing. Just taking a certification course will help you pass your Journeyman's test, not give you license. Type I, II, III & Universal is what kind of systems you are allowed to work on. I have found in my job searching that many of this companies around here do not have "licensed" workers. Usually the business owner has his Master's HVAC and the work is done under his license.
Here are 2 organizations the Air Force used for Cert's as Universal, but I'm sure there are places in your area that can issue you the test. Try Overland Park's Community College web site. Or look up your local city gov site.
1 - 2 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.