Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got the motor part done and it runs great:hurray:.but the tranny shifts hard into 1-2,2-3.how do I soften the shifting?also,I how do I raise the shift points?
thanks again for all the help Rich:beers:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1-2 shifts hard but the rest seems ok.I just ordered the tv cable setup from bowtie overdrives and Im hopeing that will fix it.what about the accumulator spring?

·
Registered
875 Posts
1-2 shifts hard but the rest seems ok.I just ordered the tv cable setup from bowtie overdrives and Im hopeing that will fix it.what about the accumulator spring?
I'm using the TV Made Easy kit, from Bowtie. Good item. Get the kit installed, and if shift points are still too low, you'll need to take a look at the govenor. Less weight/ lighter springs Many combinations, of weights and springs possible. You'll probably be "experimenting" a bit, before you get the results desired. B&M sells a recalibration kit.
On my 70' Elky, I needed to remove the trans mount, (not crossmember) and lower a small amount. Otherwise, there was not enough side tunnel clearance, to remove the govenor.

I'm no transmission expert, but how the trans was built ... what modifications, the shift kit level, blocked off accumulators, etc .... could be contributing to the harsh shifts.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats the bad thing,my bubbys dad bought an exchange unit and dosent know whats in it.Im hopeing the cable will fix it.what Im worried about is that it shifts at 2100 nomatter what.
Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts