Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we striped my friend integra and so i got his fans and radiator. how do i wire the fans they are elctric pullers. there are two of them. also anybody have an idea on how to mount these things to the radiator or to the brace.
thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
You can buy a fan mounting kit at autozone that mounts it with plastic things going through the radiator. I have my two running to a three-way switch, then to a relay. This way, I can either have them off, on the relay which comes on around 190, or on with the key in the acc position. That way the engine doesn't have to be on. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
376 Posts
You can either do what Don is saying above or you can make your own brackets from small corner brackets from any hardware store. It is more time consuming but the result is usually better.

For electrical, companies that sell fans, like flex-a-lite, sell kits to complete the installation.

Good luck,
Theo.

·
Registered
984 Posts
If you do a search, you might find a few wiring diagrams for the electric fans. You need to use relays in your wiring to get the most power to the fans. A switch or temp sensor will send power to the relays which will close and send direct power to the fans.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i get a temp sensor that means a new t stat housing? is there another way because i just spent 80.00 on my swivel housing. :(
thanks for the replies

·
Registered
376 Posts
The flex-a-lite temp sensor is the one that you stick through the radiator fins. You do not have to change the thermostat housing.
Check their website www.flex-a-lite.com. They have a complete kit and the instructions are posted there so you can read them before you buy. I found their fan electrical connections very easy and clean.

Theo.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Painless Wiring makes a kit that includes the temp sensor, relay and wiring harness and instructions for about 40 bucks (summitracing.com). The temp sensor screws into the intake or head depending on where your factory temp sensor is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts