Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which input shaft to I count for 27 or 30 splines on a 700 R4? Is it the larger outer shorter one or the smaller inner longer one?
Rob

------------------
1966 Chevelle Malibu Sandalwood, Gold color
454, .30 over, dual quads
700 R4 transmission
12" disks up front and hope to have disks in the rear soon.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stacey, Do you remember what you counted on the other shaft if you counted?

Thanks
Rob

------------------
700 R4 transmission

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think the outer shaft was less, like 26 or 27. I know the shaft your supposed to count is the inner most shaft.(the longest)
BTW, I just bought a tunnel ram with a single four barrel on top. I'm going to try it. I'll fix the old fiberglass hood and cut a big ol hole in the top. Stacey

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stacey I think it is scary about how alike our cars can be at times and the crazy stuff we are doing to them. I was thinking do you want to try and go to Nashville this year to Chevell-Abration? That is my goal to be ready for.

But get this I bought a cheap 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 that needs an axel and lots of other stuff but for $500 I couldn't pass it up. My wife ain't happy but I rode in a couple in and around highschool and remember how frightenly quick they are. The Chevelle is still #1 and I may just sell the stang and make a few bucks.

Let me know how the tunnel ram works for you.

ROb

------------------
700 R4 transmission

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.