Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1970 Custom El Camino non-SS and I'm trying to figure out if I have hidden wipers. They seem like they would go under the hood level but it's hard to tell because I think the wiper transmission might be bent. Also with the chrome trim on the back edge of the hood, how do I get it to stay on? Someone put a SS hood on my car before I got it (it's not original) and the chrome edge by the driver's side keeps coming off (it catches on the wipers). Please help. Thanks.

1970 Chevy Custom El Camino
aka Kaileigh
136800B122947 | 11/17/69
Green Mist w/Green Vinyl Top
350ci/300HP Dual Exhaust

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you can't find them they are hidden. Ha Ha, No, the hidden wipers go down to the bottom of the windshield a little further than non-hidden and rest on the stainless molding under the back edge of the hood. Most all of the 70-72 chevelles I have had were hidden except one 72 and it had a different driver side wiper arm than the hidden type. it didn't have the extra pivot arm like the hiddens did and it had a rectangular wiper motor instead of the round type with hidden wipers. Not sure what to tell you about the hood molding but it sounds like your hood hinges may be out of adjustment and the hood is probably dipping down to low when opening and closing and catching the wiper arms......GT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.