Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"m getting really tired of a certain person's cooking. This individual means well and takes pride in her food....but GOOD LORD IS IT BLAND!!! Every time. I just can't take it anymore. Things that are supposed to be full of flavor end up tasting like a glass of water. I cook all the meats, and now I"m going to have to take over breads, and everything else. How do you all deal with it, if you have this issue?

·
Gold Founding Member
3,080 Posts
Dash and other enhancers too. Might help and keep track of cooking times, over cooking results in loss of flavor. Use fresh vegetables instead of canned or frozen. I usually cook the Sunday meal to give my wife a break and try something different.

What ever you do DO NOT BE CRITICAL, just offer to help. My Mom was the same way and my Dad's constant critique, without offers to help or improve, drove a small wedge in their relationship that is still there. Luckily for her she is in a assisted living center and now he is cooking for himself...

·
Registered
978 Posts
My mother -in -law is the same way. Nothing,,, not even pepper. I cook for her and doesn't eat it. but I try to be nice and use tho ole salt, pepper, garlic powder and rat poison. :) Just what's handy,,

·
Super Moderator
13,348 Posts
If you dont like Chryslers, you probably would not own one. If you dont like "spicy" food, you wont cook it. And if someone trys to convince you to try it, it will make matters worse.

I just do most of the cooking myself :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
My wife can cook but I do all of the cooking. I prefer it that way because I get to eat what I want when I want it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm not sure of the "everything else", but being a certified pastry chef, what do you want "BREAD(S)" to taste like? Salt has to be in bread to control the yeast and if you put too much it kills the yeast and you end up with a 2x4 so you must be exaggerating to some degree. My wife doesn't cook for * so I just do it myself. I suggest the same or that you do a lot of take-out:D

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
My wife is not permitted to cook, I had her mothers cooking once and it runs in the family... My family is in the restaurant business, I grew up in a kitchen and I can't take people who can't cook.... At least my Mother In law knows she can't cook, when we go up there she lets me take over her kitchen...

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
hmm well dont be critical. offer help or suggest a different spice or ingredient to mix in with whatever she is making. or find something she can cook and have make that instead...but if you cant.. looks to me like you might have to take over. hahah whats next? before you know it shes gonna be drinking all the beer and working on the chevelle. while you clean house and cook! buhahahha! just offer help and be as nice about it as you can.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
My wife learned to cook after we were married a couple of years. I was away the first 2 1/2 years for Uncle Sam. When I got home we were living off of mac and cheese, box spaghetti meals, canned chow mein well you get the idea! Her mom was a great cook but never let any of the girls learn how.(because dad would bitch) I bought my wife some simple cook books and told her to start reading and trying. Well it took and she is a far better cook than her mom ever was! She has three shelves of cook books and has cooked out of them all. She even gardened and canned our own fruit and veggies and made jams jellies and applesauce and apple butter! This went on until the kids were all gone from home and now with the odd hours at Wally World she works there is no way to have regular meals and no one but us to cook for. We eat two regular dinners a week the rest of the time TV dinners or just soup and sandwhiches. I miss the old days!:sad:

·
Gold Founding Member
3,080 Posts
The last time she cooked a roast, it tasted like feet!! :D
And how would you know how feet taste?? Spend time in the south seas?

Seriously, something else you might try is to get some of the family recipes and use that as an excuse to experiment. When my daughter was married one of the grooms family gifts was a large binder with all his moms, grandmothers, aunts, etc. favorite recipes in it. They use it all the time and we even get a few now and then.

·
Registered
11,934 Posts
Whats up with all these women that dont/cant/dont wanna cook these days??? I cook every single day, wether its for myself, friends, whatever. its not gourmet but still good stuff. One would think........

I waited on "someone" to heat some food in the oven the other night..after 45 minutes I walked to the thing and saw it was on "low", she couldnt figure out why the food ever got hot. .Seriously. At 47. :rolleyes:

lazy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.