Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I would really like to have my interior on my 65 chevelle to have it's original interior color: Slate. Why do these OEM or aftermaket companies don't sell this color option? Is this a rare color? It must be if they don't make it. Also my car color is Glacier Grey, and I really never seen any chevelle with this color ever. This must be rare and they probably didn't make alot of cars with these color combinations in 65. If any one has any idea why? or how to find out, or any history of this color, that would help me out alot. thanks, Eric

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Glacier Grey, Crocus Yellow, and Evening Orchid were "SS only" new colors offered in 65. Yes its a pretty rare paint code, as well as Evening Orchid. Those 2 colors just didn't go over real big in 65. There was also a fade problem with both colors due to the high metalic content. From what I gathered they were discontinued, so there aren't very many around. Your interior color is an uncommon color. Reproductions follow the most popular colors. That kinda screws the people who don't have "common" colors. I don't know if you could custom order from a vendor or not, but its worth a try.

My resto page(s) www.geocities.com/eosupersport65

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the little history lesson. My interior is black now, and I wouldn't mind letting a upolstery shop make all of it custom but I think were talking big bucks. But before I do that, I'll check around everywhere. thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,155 Posts
Check with PUI interiors directly. I'm sure if they can find the vinyl in the correct shade they could make up a set of door panels and seat covers for you in that color. Often the oddball colors aren't pictured in the catalogs since they are not very popular but they are available if you know enough to ask. If you have any samples of your original interior upholstery they may want to see it. They may never have tooled up this color because they've never been provided an accurate sample to work from.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That interior is long gone, it's now all black except you can still see the original over spray of the car color glacier grey under the carpet and in the glove box. Also, what's PUI, do they have a website?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well that sucks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts