Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Chevelle only issue of HR yesterday. It compiles past articles, some of which I have seen, some not. Good info for restorations and modifications. Topics include:
1. GM Performace Parts 502 Ragtop.
2. Power steering retrofit.
3. Bench to bucket conversion.
4. Nice 66 Triple black 375HP SS car, original.
5. Vintage Air install on a 64.
6. A Z-16 article.
7. Many more cars, mostly modified.
8. Many more tech articles from carb tuning to suspension upgrades.

The cover isn't dated but says display until 9/27/99, so it must be fairly new. Enjoy!
John Walker

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks for the info... I'm going to rush out and try to find it. I subscribe to Hot Rod Mag and haven't seen a Chevelle Only issue. Bout' Time!

Thanks again for the heads up.

·
Registered
13,013 Posts
John,
Was this a regular HOT ROD, or one of the special issues? I always thought subscribers got the regular issues before the newstands.

------------------

·
Registered
790 Posts
I picked up the issue yesterday myself. Very nice! I just wish I could find more 69's in the magazines or at least as many as the 70-72's.. later

------------------
Frank
69-454-456
Gold Member # 216

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ya, I did the article on the Vintage Air! It was originally printed in an issue of Chevy High Performance.

Of course what it means to me is that I have to go out and buy a bunch of copies for all my friends. (braging rights are not cheap!)

For those who may not know who I am, I do the technical reference section of this site. The Vintage Air is covered there also.

Wes. (the braggart) Vann

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hey Wes...that mean you're getting copies for all of us?
Fred

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am pretty sure it is a special issue because the thing that caught my eye was the big bold CHEVELLES title block, with the small Hot Rod off to the side.

Also of note, as I was scanning the issue, I noticed maybe 5 total pages of ads in 98 pages of magazine. Near wall to wall articles! Very surprising given what I was used to seeing the last time I bought a
Super Chevy, which has been a while.
John Walker

·
Registered
423 Posts
Riffers;

Sorry, you have to buy your own. Heck, I didn't get a copy for free.

Wes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congratz Wes.
I'm gonna hit the newsstand first thing in the morning to get ahold of this chevelle-only issue

·
Registered
287 Posts
I picked up the issue yesterday and it's pretty good. Nice job there Wes... Too bad they didn't include the Tranny Swap and the Brake Swap article from a few years ago. But then, they would have to produce a book related to all the Chevelle Articles written over the years.

How about making the suggestion to Peterson Publishing ? Get all the Chevelle articles written by Peterson and make a book... I'd buy it ! Anyone Else ?

------------------
The proud owner of a Canadian 64-SS with ZZ4 Power!
Team Chevelle Gold Member #37
Canadian Classic Chevelles & Beaumonts Member #350

·
Registered
423 Posts
Canuck64ss

My only involvement with Petersen Publications is that I happen to know the editor of Chevy High Performance. That's how the original printing of the Vintage Air article came about.

Although we are friends, he sure doesn't follow MY advice or requests! (no reason why he should)

I didn't even know that the article was going to be reprinted until I noticed this post and went out looking for the publication. (once an article or photos are obtained by a publisher, it's their property to use, or reuse, as they wish)

The big thing here is that if there is anything you want out a publisher, write them and let them know!! It's their job to put out stuff that we are willing to lay our money down and buy.

Wes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.