Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,
This is probably going to seem like a ridiculous question, but here goes. I was eagerly reading my freshly bought Hot Rod Chevelle magazine today and I ran into a problem. On page 70 there is an article called NO CODE. AWESOME CAR! My problem was that the article continues over to page 72 and then stops. I have searched the whole magazine for the rest of the article and I cant find it. I know it has to be there, but I cant find it. I must be losing my sight in my old age. Anyway, for those of you who dont have it yet, GET IT! There is some great info in there. And, of course, EVEN BETTER cars!

----Jerry----
68 Chevelle 327

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Where can I get a copy?????

Thanks

------------------
Hot66ss

66 ss
67 malibu
Aces Member 2380
Team Chevelle member #262

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got mine at Jitney ( a grocery store in the southern U.S.) If you cant find it where you are, let me know.

----Jerry----

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Hey Jerry-
Just got mine today too! I ran inside to get the mag and I'm finding the same thing, I can't find the end of the article either! (I can't blame it on old age though!(17)
)
I think they forgot to finish it then said hey if we entice them with the retrospect on big blocks they won't care!

Who Knows!?!

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd-sold to Original owner!
In process of finding a 65
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Steve where did you get your copy?

Thanks

------------------
Hot66ss

66 ss
67 malibu
Aces Member 2380

·
Registered
18 Posts
The article you mention, and most (if not all)the articles in this "special edition" magazine from Hot Rod were all printed elsewhere before at Hot Rod and other Petersen Magazines. That was the one about the GM 502 1970 convertible right?
It was probably just an editorial error.

------------------
Robert H. Byers
1969 396ss
[email protected]
Clan Byers Racing
F(aster)T(han)Y(ou)
Team Chevelle Member # 225

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also have been looking all over the philadelphia area for this HR Chevelle mag.
I've tried 7-Eleven, Wa-Wa, and Barnes and Noble Book Store with no luck.

HAS ANYONE IN THE PHILADELPHIA AREA FOUND IT?
IF SO, WHERE?

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Hot66SS-
I got mine at a Hole in the Wall Newstand place. I couldn't find it at VONS, Pavillions, Ralphs, or Lucky's.(to answer your email question.

To everyone- I'll scan the cover for everyone to see just can someone give me a place to send it, I don't have a homepage.(and I don't think Al wants the mag cover in the showroom)

------------------
Steve
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
David, Thanks I was trying to figure out how I was gonna do it!

------------------
Steve
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
It's going to be the luck of the draw to find this Mag. After eight stops, I found two at Lucky's Market in Long Beach, Ca. anyone from Long Beach or Huntington Beach area E mail me, you can have the extra issue.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
DOH I looked every where today no luck. MUST HAVE MAG ERR.

------------------
Hot66ss

66 ss
67 malibu
Aces Member 2380
Http://members.aol.com/chvellss

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have the same problem as Hot66ss. I've checked every grocery store, some local store book store,etc. I can't seem to find it anywhere. If anyone is in the SoCal area that can help, please e-mail me.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Try at the actual newstands, they usually have not widely available magazines. Socalrat & Hot66ss-
If you still can't find it let me know via email and I'll get ya a copy and send em out.

------------------
Steve
Team Chevelle Member #71

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.