Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

was taking a look at my Qjet today and upon inspection, noticed a long hose that is connected to the carb and is attached to nothing...just an open hose...it starts at the front of the carb, over to the right of the fuel filter enclosure, but a little higher...the vacuum connection is about 1/4 of an inch in diameter...it sticks out at a slight angle to the right.

my carb is a newer model (1977-82)carb and so is my 350 engine...what could this hose and attachment be?...do i even need it on my 72 chevelle or can i remove the line and plug the hole?

thx in advance guys!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Charcoal canister/fuel vapor connection? If this is what you are talking about I would just put a cap on it. If its the PCV connection then you definately want that hooked up to your valve cover.

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
Can you put a vacuum gauge on it and see when it pulls air? It may be venturi vacuum or ported vacuum for spark advance. In either case, you can plug it if you are not using it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx so far guys!...actually, it's not for the PCV (unless my PCV is hooked up wrong), and it's not th cannister connection, which is hooked up to the smaller outlet below, with a narrower hose (unless my mechanic has rigged this up wrong too)...

to describe it better, it is the largest diameter outlet near the top of the carb at the front, above and to the right of the fuel filter...the tip of the outlet is flared out slightly, for a better hose connection...hmmm, what could it be?

thx guys!

·
Read Only
589 Posts
Its an emmision hose that tied into the air cleaner. Had it on my old 82 Chevy Van. Just cap it off.

------------------
Tino #28 Gold
72 Malibu 350-300,700R4
83 Grand Prix LJ 305

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.