Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wiseco forged pistons, scat I beam rods, and an eagle crank.

The dominator ecu will allow all the tuning I will ever need and more.

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Wiseco forged pistons, scat I beam rods, and an eagle crank.

The dominator ecu will allow all the tuning I will ever need and more.
I love the dominator ECU. Big bucks but has all the bells and whistles. No question it can do what you want. You just need to tell it to do it haha. With your setup I would go right down to tuning each cylinder, or at the least each bank.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I love the dominator ECU. Big bucks but has all the bells and whistles. No question it can do what you want. You just need to tell it to do it haha. With your setup I would go right down to tuning each cylinder, or at the least each bank.
I would use the terminator but it won't allow me to do everything I'll need to do.
I am going to have do full nitrous control. The the ecu will control the nitrous on a progressive shot. And will turn on the stand alone nitrous fuel system.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Slowly been picking aways at progress. Haven't made the progress I've wanted to. Most due to parts backlogs. Oh well. Still waiting for some stuff. But I mocked it up just to want it will look like. Not done. Probably toss some more orange paint on certain things yet.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Slowly been picking aways at progress. Haven't made the progress I've wanted to. Most due to parts backlogs. Oh well. Still waiting for some stuff. But I mocked it up just to want it will look like. Not done. Probably toss some more orange paint on certain things yet.
View attachment 710858 View attachment 710859
Looks great, for your alt. I would get an ICT Billet mount for the electric water pump. Quality stuff for cheap, not sure how they can do that.

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
If you are going for the "sleeper" look,you can paint the heads the same colour as the block.
Guy

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
If you are going for the "sleeper" look,you can paint the heads the same colour as the block.
Guy
With big fuel rails ontop a single plane, aftermarket air cleaner, electric water pump, etc, I don't think it will pass as a sleeper haha.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Not going for a sleeper look exactly but just a clean looking gm looking-ish engine.
Nothing crazy or to Racey looking. Even though it's should be 600/650 hp na, with a 200 shot of nitrous on top...
Probably going to paint the manifold, still undecided on the dart heads....

Found this engine as my inspiration.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
With big fuel rails ontop a single plane, aftermarket air cleaner, electric water pump, etc, I don't think it will pass as a sleeper haha.
I think he's referring to the fact it's a stroker big block 489 with 396 vavle covers

In that regard yes, I was playing a little game of cat and mouse. Am I going to fool anyone in the know with a 3.5 inch exhaust and solid roller? Probably not. But it's still fun to try...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I am frothing at the mouth to get my hands on it and get this running on the dyno.
I thought that would be April but it's already May and that time frame passed.
I have been stuck with several parts backlogs that have really slowed me down.
At this point I have scrapped trying to get the engine in the truck this summer and will make it a winter project. That's OK though. I am going to have alot of tuning to do with the holley mfpi, dis and 200 shot of nos. I am using a nitrous volcano in the manifold and the initial testing on it is showing 50% more gains per jet size. So a 100 shot jet is netting 150 hp. I will have to dyno tune it to keep that number down possibly. Let the ecu roll in the nitrous on a progressive system to keep it from Spinning. Regardless of NA horsepower, it will be 800/850 all day on nitrous.

·
Premium Member
16,910 Posts
Or a lil 396!

yeah man, I stopped by to see what #s the beast made. Supply-chain delays suck.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts