Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my horns on my chevelle started to sound real bad out of tone and sometimes they would not work so I went to the junkyard and I pulled two horns off of a 99 chevy full size van and when I put them on they sounded exactly like my old ones did has anyone ever had this problem or does anyone know what is going on? thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the same problem with my 70SS horns. I sent my horns to this company (see website below) and he restores your original horns.

http://www.classiccarhorns.com/

He does an awsome job. I recieved back my horns and they sound and look totally original....

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I wonder if since the buzzer that you are trying to fix is related to the sick horns
maybe the horn relay is going bad

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
In the past I have had horns that were completely inoperative. I don’t recommend that you try this but if you get desperate, throw it down on a concrete floor. There is a diaphragm in there that freezes up and you can bust them loose by just banging them around a little. In most case there is also a tone adjustment on the side. It has a sort of a star looking head on the screw and you can adjust the pitch from high to low just by turning it back and forth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts