Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1972 malibu and need to know if you guys have any idea where to look for a horn relay most parts house in town list up to 1971 and dont have listing for 1972, is there a reason why they would make it different for this year. any help would be greatly appriciated, i think the part no. is 3996283 if anybody can double check me please do. Thanks John.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
There are two differences between 71 and 72. The 71, 68-71, horn relay is also the key warning buzzer, for 72 the key warning buzzer is under the dash. The 68-71 relay is mounted by the radiator and has two screws for the electrical system main power junction, 72 is mounted by the brake master cylinder and has one stud/nut for the main power junction. I believe the 72 relay was a two year only, 72-73, relay is why it's hard to find. Letric Limited has a replacement 72 horn relay, not cheep though. Just click on SWITCHES

·
Registered
934 Posts
I bought one in 1985 locally but since then, they are no longer available in my area. Very hard to find and not cheap when you do.

Best bet is to search the junkyards. Check other '72 and '73 models too as they also used the same.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Thanks for the link Herb! I'll share that with the folks on my site. In fact, one of those guys is a member of my site. Allen George that has the blue '62.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts