Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have my steering wheel center cover back on.....is there some sort of test I can do to see If I have the right wires in there respective places to see If my horns are going to work.As of right now I don't have the horns mounted and my key buzzer doesn't make any noise :confused: .Thanks

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
test bulb from either horn connector to ground. Push horn button and light should come on.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The connecter on the relay itself?

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
why doesn't your key buzzer work? Might want to make sure that the relay is good. My horn didn't work and i though it was something in the coulmn/steering wheel pad. turns out it was a bad relay. $9 part, now i can warn all those crazy divers not to back into my '68

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The relay is new,any other reason why this might not be working.Could the ignition switch be the culprit?I switcded the wires on the relay a few weeks back,and I could hear a very slight noise coming from the relay If I moved the key around in the ignition.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
There's a small black wire that ties to the horn relay. The wire runs up to the horn button. If you ground the relay, on the terminal where this wire goes to, the relay should close and "click".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts