Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as you connect the battery cable you can hear the horn relay activating and it heats up real good. This is on my buddies BBC '66 Caprice. He just did a ground up resto, he's got something buggered. Is it possible the wires are switched on the starter? The car starts and runs,could it be ignition switch related? Any leads would be appreciated. T.I.A Tony A.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Should be a thin black wire go to the horn relay. Disconnect that and see if the horn stops blowing.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John, thanks for the reply. It's not that the horn is blowing, actually you can hear the relay switching as soon as you connect the battery and it's heating up. I pulled the small black wire off and it still does it. Thoughts? Thanks, Tony A

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
OK. The small black wire you removed is the wire from the horn button. It is the wire that closes the relay.
Still closing and heating up..Try removing the other wires except for the red from the battery and the red going up the harness. The car should still work after this. Sounds like something may be hooked up wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts