Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the proper location to mount the horns on a 68. The assembly maual looks like they mount to the two bolts that secure the hood latch, but the wiring harness doesn't seem to line up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You are correct about the assy manual, the two forward bolts that tie that hood latch reciever to the header panel are the ones, the horns are on top with the latch reciever being sandwhiched in between. The spade connectors face upward. You probably already have this part but i'm bored and going to type it anyway.....The wiring for the horns starts as a a single black wire that goes thru a hole in core support beside the horn relay, across to the inside of the header panel and finally splits into two female spade connectors to the horns.

Paul

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's what I neede to know. I mounted them there, but my harness wire seems too short for the horn on the dirvers side. ok for the other. I might not have the right horns or brackets. Will have to try to get different brackets, or splice a section in the harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts