Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have photos on how the steering wheel and horn assembly go together? I think I know how it goes but how does the connector from the horn buttons stay in contact with the spring loaded contact?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
It just kinda "snaps" into the spring. IF you look real close at the plastic thingy, there's a raised ridge around it, just push it home into the spring.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave. I will take a look at it.

Now, I have a steel cover that goes on the shaft first. I have 3 screws that hold it on. What are the three (yellowish) plastic washers for? Do they go with the screws? Maybe I should posts some picture of the parts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a problem with my 68 chevelle horn button that I think fits into this category. I was first missing the litle spring, but I found an old pen and I think that is working. Now my problem is the plate that connects to the wire that honks the horn has no isolation from the wheel body. So when i try to bolt it down there is nothing keeping the horn from honking.

Did you mention yellow insulators between the three bolts and the column? Maybe I should take a picture of my problem. Let me know if you have any advice.

Thanks,
Bruce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts