Team Chevelle banner

Hopefully the LAST driprail moulding question!

910 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  68chevyed 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I know this has been beaten to death, and yes I have read all the other posts. I'm trying to remove the driprail mouldings on my '66 (non-vinyl roof) and I am confused as to whether you have to actually bend the bottom of the moulding to pop it off. I played with it for awhile at the windshield end and couldn't get any of it loose without bending the bottom edge.

I was using a putty knife.

Thanks for any help!

George

#5 ·
Work it slow and along the entire length. It will only move a fraction of an inch at a time without bending. I do not remove them anymore when painting only if body work needs done to the area.

#6 ·
I tried all the mentioned techniques. What worked best for me was a block of wood (1 x 1) and a hammer. Get inside the car and place the wood on the lower edge of the molding (either end). Tap lightly with the hammer. Move along the trim while tapping lightly. You'll see the molding moving out a bit. Work it all along its lenght, tapping lightly, then reverse direction. This moves the molding out (off) gradually along its length until you eventually have it all the way off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.