Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a problem with them rusting .They are 1 mounth old only ran for 5 minutes and stored off the floor on the car lift .There is small pitting on the bottom and in the seam where the 4 pipes touch. the are on my 69 chevelle.with 454

·
Registered
425 Posts
Got two SBC sets of headers both coated by hooker and they suck. Didn't last more than 3 years each. Next time around will be Nitroplate or Jet hot for sure. It's cheaper through them than the Hooker coating through Summit

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wish i would have known about this before i bought them, but mine too are showing signs of rusting on the flange. I also only have a few minutes of run time, and then sitting.

·
Premium Member
18,202 Posts
Wel, I got mine thorugh Jet Hot and this will be the 3rd time they get recoated in ten years. Same as you all, collectors and flanges. I'm tired of silver anyway. Going gray or black.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I will probably pull mine over the winter and get my local guy to re coat them in dull titanium or something sweet like that.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Ceramic coatings are only good for about three years on Headers according to my local coating Guy. That's best case. If you break in a flat tappet cam with the timing a little retarded or turn them red you can take a year or 2 off that. Also if you have someone local, buy your Headers bare and have them done they should last longer and look better. If your picky you can break your cam in and then coat them. My guy charges $200 and tumbles them so they have a nice polished look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts