Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there was a difference between the replacement hoods (metal) that are offered by different companies. I know that the hood that is on my 1971 SS right now is already a replacement one, but it got beat up to death in a hail storm while the rest of the car came out all right. I have seen the price for replacement hoods range from between $300-$500 dollars and I was just wondering if they were different qualities or not. I know that a lot of the parts sold by these resto companies are all made by the same company and then sold to them. If there is a place to get an ORIGINAL quality hood then I would gladly like to know where to do that.

[This message has been edited by BET (edited 01-25-99).]

·
Registered
10 Posts
TRY THE MUSCLE FACTORY AT 800-762-0317.They semm to have the best prices.They seel both GM and repo...

·
Registered
13,013 Posts
SS and Cowl Induction hoods are still available from your local Chev dealer and you don't have to pay freight. Repro hood are available for about half the price and I understand they are excellent.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can vouch for the repro hoods made by Goodmark for 69 SS chevelles. I bought and painted one last summer. The only problem I had was that on the underside there were some spots that seemed to be light on the coating applied at the factory. Otherwise, the all the body lines matched perfectly.

·
Registered
13,013 Posts
Bet, I forgot to add, as we speak I am waiting on the arrival of a COMPLETE CI hood system and I ordered the repro hood. My fingers are crossed! I ordered mine through Original Parts Group. They have a 15% at this time and they were very helpful.

------------------

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,662 Posts
Be careful guys. See Al's post on supplier bashing. This is getting close. von

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.