Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a plain jane hood to cut for my engine to poke thru. Am I correct that a 66 hood will NOT fit a 67?

And where can I get a plain hood...just look for a Malibu 67 hood? Need a bolt on btw.

Thx btw..

·
Registered
820 Posts
no a 66 will not fit a 67 , there are plenty of aftermarket hoods out there. and you can get a 2, 4, 6, inch cowl if thats what you are looking for

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
a 67 is a one year only hood but was used on all models. of coarse SS hoods were different. check local old junk yards or search craigslist

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a 67 is a one year only hood but was used on all models. of coarse SS hoods were different. check local old junk yards or search craigslist
Are you saying that other year hoods will fit a 67? I have an SS hood. I want a flat stock hood I can cut...Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Looking for NON SS flat hood I can cut...
'67 Stock flat Bolt On Hood. Price=399.00 Weight=22 Ship: Truck Freight. 66-67 Chevelle

I personally would never sell a factory steel flat hood to someone I knew was going to cut it up...these are not reproduced anywhere I am aware of.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Are you saying that other year hoods will fit a 67? I have an SS hood. I want a flat stock hood I can cut...Thanks!!
no I am saying ONLY 67 hoods will fit on 67 cars. no other years will fit. period

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you cut the hood???? i have one that was cut for a blower motor and can't find another stock hood to save my life. would be interested in yours if you haven't cut it

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
did you cut the hood???? i have one that was cut for a blower motor and can't find another stock hood to save my life. would be interested in yours if you haven't cut it
Just to let you know but the OP hasn't been on this site, since last March.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts