Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what size stainless screw is used to fasten the plates on to the hood for the hood pins? My plates are in great shape an I have everything but the screws. I've gotten a couple of sets at the hardware store an neither sits down flush.
If anybody knows, please drop me a line.
Regards,
Stacey

·
Registered
2 Posts
I seem to be having the same problem!!! The originals have a larger than normal shaft and a smaller than normal tapered head...I ordered some online but get the feeling they are gonna be just like all the others I have found locally!

·
Registered
13,007 Posts
I get them from AMK. I usually get a #10 stainless steel pan head screw, as the originals were #8s but the holes in the hood are either stripped out, or too big in the new repro hoods. I think I use the 5/8 inch long ones.

Are you sure you have the plates right side up? The holes are countersunk on the plates...

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
From the GM parts manual...it shows the screws as #10-16 x 5/8" long pan head screws. I know on my survivor car, the heads are above the hood pin plates...and the car has never been apairt.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.